Index to Daniel Whitby on Grace

Daniel Whitby's Discourses on the 5 Points was, during its day, the definitive Arminian work against Calvinism. Whitby had a commanding knowledge of the scriptures, and his book is a detailed and unrelenting examination of Calvinism. It drew responses from famous Calvinists Jonathan Edwards, Inquiry into the Will and John Gill, the Cause of God and Truth.
Below is an index to Whitby's discourse on Grace. Archaic spellings and words have been updated, sentences broken down into shorter sentences and links to scripture references inserted.
.
.
Chapter 2: Arguments against Irresistible Grace
Chapter 3: Refuting Arguments for Irresistible Grace

Comments

Unknown said…
is this a book that I can buy currently? I'm sure they reprint some older works, I don't know if they have for this one. I'd read it off your blog but it seems like a valuable reference tool to have; plus my eyes hurt from reading too much text on screen. Thanks.
Godismyjudge said…
Hi Jcoolio,

Thanks for reading and commenting. Unfortunately it's been out of print for quite some time and AFAIK it hasn't been republished. It's the type of book that shows up on ebay from time to time. The full softcopy is available on google books, but it's unprintable and even harder to read. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

God be with you,
Dan
Thanks for posting this. I had never heard of the book nor the man. His knowledge is incredible and how we need more godly Arminians of his stature.
Godismyjudge said…
Thanks for the encouragement Roy. I didn't really know about him either till I read Edwards. Edwards was ***refuting*** Whitby, but I kept saying to myself, Whitby gets it and Edwards doesn't.

God be with you,
Dan

Popular posts from this blog

Responsibility - Evaluation of Arminian Grounds for LFW

John Owen - Death of Death in the Death of Christ

Hodge on Ephesians 1:17-19